Blood will become very hard to remove when it becomes dry. The stains of blood should be clean before it gets old. If it gets old then you have to do extra efforts which makes your carpet rough and discolour. This will damage your carpet. In this blog, you’ll learn how to remove blood stains whether it is old or fresh.
CLEANING A FRESH BLOOD STAIN
Removing the fresh bloodstain is much easier than old and dry blood stain because the fresh bloodstain is wet. You don’t have to make too much effort to clean a fresh bloodstain.
Here is the complete step by step process for removing a fresh bloodstain:
- Take a fresh piece of cotton cloth or towel press down to lift up as much as blood possible. If you are doing this in a large area, then start from the corner and then keep ahead to the center. It will prevent the stain to spread in a larger area. Please take note that doesn’t rub the stain because it can damage your carpet fibres if the carpet is soft.
- And now take a spray and spray some water on the strain. But remember one thing, never use hot water because it makes the stain permanent. If you don’t have a spray bottle, just drop some water on the stain.
- And in the end, keep blotting and wetting the stain. Doing this until the blood stain removes completely. It will take a few efforts in starting, but slowly it will start removing. And keep one thing in mind that change the sides of the towel or cloth continuously after two or three blotting and wetting.
Other ways to remove fresh blood stains are:
- You can use salt for removing a fresh bloodstain. Just make a paste of salt and water and apply to the stain. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then soak it with a wet cloth or towel. If the stain is still there, repeat this step continuously until the stane removes. Do not use an excess of salt because it will be harmful to the fibres of your carpet.
- Soap or liquid detergent is also a good way to remove the bloodstain. Just pour some liquid detergent to the carpet and rinse it for a while. Then absorb it with a piece of cloth or towel. You can use a bloodstain removal too for this if you don’t have liquid detergent.
REMOVING OLD BLOOD STAINS
An old bloodstain is the toughest to remove from the carpet because, in most of the cases, the carpet gets damaged or discolour. You have to make too many efforts for cleaning the old bloodstains. It is always advised that you should take a professional carpet cleaner’s advice for this.
Here are some tips from which you can remove your old bloodstains:
- You can apply unflavoured meat tenderizer on the stain as the chemical helps in the breakdown of the protein which is present in the bloodstain. Take a little amount of water and add some unflavoured meat tenderizer in it. Apply this paste on the stain and let it get leave it for around 15-30 minutes. And then soak it with a clean towel. And remember that don’t use a flavoured meat tenderizer as it causes new stain.
- You can also use hydrogen peroxide for removing old bloodstains. But using this is very risky as it lightens the colour of your fabric, but remove the stain. And please check the concentration level of your hydrogen peroxide. If it is highly concentrated, dilute it with distilled water.
- Ammonia is very effective for removing old bloodstains. But it can discolour your carpet, and can not be useful for silk or wool carpets. But if you still want to use this, here below is the most effective way of using it.
- Mix 10ml shampoo and 1 cup of water in a spray bottle and spray it on the stain.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix 15ml of household ammonia in 250ml of water in a spray bottle and spray it on the stain.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Soak it and make it dry after another. Until the stain gets removed.
- Commercial enzyme cleaners are also useful for removing old bloodstains. These enzymes break the complex chemical structure found in the blood. Apply these enzyme cleaners in cases where you didn’t find any blood stain removal. These enzymes are not effective in too hot or too cold temperature.
TAKE PROFESSIONAL’s HELP
The tips used above for removing old blood stains are very strong, thus it can discolour or damage your carpet very easily. So it is always advised that you should take professional carpet cleaner’s help. Carpet Cleaning Melbourne provides you with the best professional carpet cleaners and carpet stain removal experts. Our professionals are well trained and have years of experience in carpet cleaning services. For any help contact us.